Assistant Controller (Remote)
What do we do?
At Soluna, we are using computing to accelerate a future where renewable energy is the primary source of energy in the world.
Our company is driven by three fundamental beliefs:
- The world needs more renewable energy…. and computing can be a powerful catalyst for meeting that need.
- Stranded renewable energy — usable clean energy that often goes to waste — is one of the biggest unsolved problems for the economics of renewable energy.
- Sustainable Computing is not only ready for scale, but it will play an integral role in solving this problem.
Our estimate is that around 225 Terawatt hours of renewable energy are spilled globally.
That’s a lot of energy!
Most renewable power plant operators struggle to sell all of the energy they generate. We build small-footprint data centers to buy & use all of their wasted energy. So they earn profits & tax credits for every megawatt they produce.
Our specialized data centers run computing-intensive applications powered by clean energy for: Cryptocurrency Mining • Artificial Intelligence • Deep Learning • Machine Learning • Scientific Computing • Natural Language Processing • Video Transcoding and more.
We’re solving the wasted renewable energy problem…
Our mission is to help power plant owners get more megawatts to the grid.
With us, they can SELL. EVERY. MEGAWATT.
We help the data scientists of the world solve the world’s most pressing problems with the comfort of knowing that they are not destroying the planet in the process.
Why do we want you?
Our company is growing fast and we need people like you who want to be part of something big. People who want a real challenge in a place where they can learn about a host of emerging technologies, including blockchain, digital assets, and renewable energy.
We need entrepreneurs at heart.
We are a people-first, data-driven organization that is seeking individuals who want to do meaningful work.
Assistant Controller: https://grnh.se/c9f967c14us
What You’ll Do
Our ideal Assistant Controller has experience in technology, data center management or manufacturing. You’ll be working on month-end tasks, fixed asset management and capital projects. If you are a hands-on team player and eager to be a part of the future of digital assets, then you will love working at Soluna.
The Assistant Controller is highly skilled and experienced with month-end journals and reconciliations, project tracking and is a strategic thought partner. The Assistant Controller will play a critical role in the ongoing financial accounting and planning success of Soluna Computing. Reporting to the Senior Business Unit Controller, this role will be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, business acumen, and an exemplary work ethic.
- Complete month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations in Blackline, and updating the financial models for reporting.
- Work with the Operations team and the FP&A Director completing the monthly flash reports.
- Support special analysis as required from your customers.
- Provide financial support on capital projects with operations, corporate development, and power departments. Preparation of project actuals to budget schedules, tracking milestones, and capitalize projects in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure fixed assets are entered properly into the ERP system, reconcile the purchases to actual receipts, and perform a fixed asset audit at the sites.
- Be a team member of software implementations for the company.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP.
- Project management or tracking.
- Strong technology background, cryptocurrency knowledge a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, specifically expert level in Excel.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to be a business partner.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
We are highly motivated to add the right individual to our growing team. This individual can be remote. The role will have travel requirements to the site locations, estimated at 20% travel.
Why join Soluna?
We are a diverse, driven team of entrepreneurs, energy experts, private equity leaders, and engineers. We are passionate about making the world greener and we have conviction about how we will bring change on a global scale.
We are equally as zealous about championing our teams, relentless about developing our people, and believe strongly that Soluna’s goals and commitment to our mission are strengthened by our employee’s voices.
We offer all of our employees:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Ample paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities