Director Communications & Marketing – Oslo, Norway
Nord Pool, one of Europe’s leading power markets, is looking for a Director Communications & Marketing. You will be part of a truly international company with a great standing in the rapidly changing energy market.
As our Director Communications & Marketing you will lead a small, highly skilled team. You will identify and implement ways of developing, protecting, and raising the profile and reputation of Nord Pool. If you enjoy the combination of strategic and operational work and are at your best when you can translate business goals and corporate strategies into effective communication – this might be the role for you.
Heading the Communications & Marketing team, you will be responsible for the full suite of communication disciplines from internal communication to market communication, PR, brand, reputational and crisis management. Reporting to CEO and being part of Nord Pool Group Management, you will ensure that corporate communications is planned and executed the best possible way. You will work closely with all parts of the Nord Pool organisation.
Nord Pool is majority owned by Euronext and it is key that this role ensures an efficient cooperation with the Euronext Communications and Marketing teams.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Plan and execute the communication strategy supporting the business strategy and business decisions. This includes to develop effective communication and marketing plans.
- Develop key messages with subject matter experts, or independently, to secure that the “good stories” are discovered and told.
- Ensure close dialogue and cooperation cross functions to deliver the most effective marketing of Nord Pool products and services.
- Media relations, research, and messaging. Building and maintaining relationships with key and relevant members of the press.
- Being a spokesperson, develop other key spokespersons in the company and provide media assistance to CEO and advising colleagues on handling and working with the media. Nord Pool has a high media profile, especially in the Scandinavian countries.
- Maintaining the Communications Crisis Plan and serve as the lead on crisis communications.
- Ownership of the key communications channel nordpoolgroup.com
- Ownership of the Nord Pool brand.
- Contribute to create a more open, transparent, honest, and positive working climate by enabling employees to share stories and comment.
- Lead a team of communication professionals.
For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Strong personal drive with collaborative mindset.
- Ability to lead and deliver communication results in collaboration with the Group Management and subject matter experts.
- A good combination of strategic thinking and operational execution abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences, including media.
- Understanding of brand management and development, as well as effective marketing strategies and practices.
- Experience from effective marketing.
- Experience from the energy industry is an advantage.
- High English speaking and writing proficiency.
- Proven track record as a spokesperson.
- Proven experience with crisis management.