Do you want to be part of the Electric Vehicle revolution and have a positive impact on the planet by creating real products people use every day?
We, Paua, believe great teams are key to building extraordinary products. People who are always looking for ingenious solutions for complex problems. What about you? We are currently looking for a like-minded EV Charging Intern to join us on a part time basis, with passion and drive to change the electric car charging industry and to help society transition to cleaner air .
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a young, ambitious, well-funded, start-up and work closely with the company founders in a fast paced and exciting environment. You will be one of the first employees of the company. This means you will have the opportunity to see a business grow and to shape the product for the years to come.
You will support a range of areas across the business from marketing & sales to operations and even some technical development. In many cases if you don’t have prior experience, training will be provided. We are looking for attitude and a growth mindset.
Paua makes public electric vehicle charging simple. We enable more people to use electric vehicles by enabling drivers to find, charge and pay via one single platform and across multiple charging networks. You will jump into the deep end of the “EV charging pool” and learn fast in this exciting and fast-growing space Transport is the biggest source of emissions in the UK today and we are on a mission to address this challenge.
Paua is an award-winning company, a member of the Tech Nation Net Zero 2.0 cohort, part of the Ordnance Survey accelerator Geovation, and shortlisted for the Digital Leaders GreenTech Innovation award. And we are the largest roaming network for business electric vehicles. We have truly embraced remote working having been “born in Covid” but like to get together each week at our Geovation co-working space in Farringdon, London.
Would you like to…
· Support the development of our mobile app, web apps and microservices (APIs)! We currently have mobile and reactive web apps
· Bring your own thinking and challenge the team
· Collaborate with senior developers and product managers (agile team) to achieve team goals
· Review and improve our software data model through testing and debugging
· Support the wider business to grow and scale including things like driving to chargepoints to test charging
· Support our sales & marketing efforts including event planning, digital marketing campaigns and preparing materials for customers
· Support the management of our operational processes
· Follow and contribute to product roadmap
· Participate in user research
· May be good if you like the colour pink also!
We would like you to…
· Have strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Communicate clearly with colleagues at all levels
· Be self-motivated
· Have keen attention to detail
· Be able and willing to learn new technical skills
· Not be afraid to ask for help. We value honesty
· Love puzzles and solving problems
· Enjoy tinkering and taking things apart
· Be passionate about building products people love
· An IT / software / development qualification or previous app/website development experience. Or you could just be incredibly motivated to get into software development
· Any experience with API’s or web development highly desirable
· Prior experience running marketing, market research, social media and advertising campaigns useful including use of common CRM systems
· Know how to work with design and photo-editing software including photoshop or Canva. Ability to do simple video editing (desirable)
· Passionate about electric vehicles, climate change and cleaner air
· Have a full clean driving licence (so you can drive our electric car to chargers to test them)
· Be fluent in English
Please don’t be put off by this list – if you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you and will adapt the role for a candidate with the right attitude.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter (optional) to email@example.com or just submit the information using the form below.
Reference ID: Intern Paua
Job Types: Part time
Salary: Paua will cover some base expenses
· Flexible schedule
· Work from home
· Experience driving our high end electric car for chargepoint testing
· Join a market leading experienced team making a real difference to EV driver experience
· Monday to Friday – we have some fixed hours but are pretty flexible
· Anywhere in the UK (we do like to get the team together at least once a week at our co-working space in London)