Full-Stack Developer (Remote)
What do we do?
At Soluna, we are using computing to accelerate a future where renewable energy is the primary source of energy in the world.
Our company is driven by three fundamental beliefs:
- The world needs more renewable energy…. and computing can be a powerful catalyst for meeting that need.
- Stranded renewable energy — usable clean energy that often goes to waste — is one of the biggest unsolved problems for the economics of renewable energy.
- Sustainable Computing is not only ready for scale, but it will play an integral role in solving this problem.
Our estimate is that around 225 Terawatt hours of renewable energy are spilled globally.
That’s a lot of energy!
Most renewable power plant operators struggle to sell all of the energy they generate. We build small-footprint data centers to buy & use all of their wasted energy. So they earn profits & tax credits for every megawatt they produce.
Our specialized data centers run computing-intensive applications powered by clean energy for: Cryptocurrency Mining • Artificial Intelligence • Deep Learning • Machine Learning • Scientific Computing • Natural Language Processing • Video Transcoding and more.
We’re solving the wasted renewable energy problem…
Our mission is to help power plant owners get more megawatts to the grid.
With us, they can SELL. EVERY. MEGAWATT.
We help the data scientists of the world solve the world’s most pressing problems with the comfort of knowing that they are not destroying the planet in the process.
Why do we want you?
Our company is growing fast and we need people like you who want to be part of something big. People who want a real challenge in a place where they can learn about a host of emerging technologies, including blockchain, digital assets, and renewable energy.
We need entrepreneurs at heart.
We are a people-first, data-driven organization that is seeking individuals who want to do meaningful work.
What You’ll Do
We need a Lead Full Stack Developer who isn’t afraid to start from scratch and knows what is required to develop an efficient, robust, and secure code base from the ground up. You will be building process and toolchains along with internal and external SW products. You will set the standard for the future of development at Soluna.
The Lead Full Stack Developer will be an integral contributor to the next generation of our business by architecting our software toolset and products. You’ll be developing mission critical software that enables the next generation of Soluna products and data center projects. If you desire ownership of your projects, enjoy building things the right way, and are eager to be a part of the future of digital assets, then you will love working at Soluna Computing.
The Full Stack Developer requires a depth of experience and a broad array of skills. The Lead Full Stack Developer is proficient in a variety web development frameworks, cloud and big data platforms, security, and mission critical systems. The Lead Full Stack Developer will play a critical role in the development of product and data center projects. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this role will be a strategic thought partner and architect of products and processes.
- Develop code in support of proprietary Soluna products designed to unleash stranded energy
- Architect and develop Maestro, the software that runs Soluna data centers and network operations center
- Develop software to further automate and improve upon current Soluna products
- Plan and execute the deployment of Soluna product releases
- Help develop, understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution
- Develop data analytics that are useful for the entire Soluna organization
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Experience developing local and cloud applications
- Experience working in high performing teams and scaling organizations
- Experience developing tools and processes for a SW team
- Experience in developing relational databases
- Familiarity with Express, Rails, Django, or other WebDev frameworks
- Experience building web user interfaces (ie. React, Angular, Jquery)
- Experience developing and maintaining mission critical applications
- Ability to use cloud technologies (Azure/AWS), storage, logic apps, Azure event grid, serverless functions (Snowflake, etc.)
- Expertise in CI/CD
- Proficiency in SDLC using Agile Scrum
- 5+ years of experience in software development and complex back end systems
- PASSION for our mission! Willingness to learn all of the above if you don’t have the experience
Why join Soluna?
We are a diverse, driven team of entrepreneurs, energy experts, private equity leaders, and engineers. We are passionate about making the world greener and we have conviction about how we will bring change on a global scale.
We believe in championing our teams, developing our people, and that Soluna’s success in achieving our mission is strengthened by our employee’s voices.
We offer all of our employees:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Ample paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities