Staff Accountant (REMOTE /FINANCE /FULL TIME – REMOTE)
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 40 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to play an integral role in scaling Raptor Maps’ rapidly growing business. We are seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with accounting experience, excellent communication skills, and the ability to learn quickly.
This role will have the mission critical role of organizing and optimizing the revenue streams of the company as well as many other finance focused items. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-growth tech startup and truly make an immediate impact. We are looking for our first accounting hire who is ready to own many different functions in the finance process.
Within 1 Month, You’ll:
- Assist Business Operations team with all accounting functions
- Own the accounts receivable function to ensure strong cash flow
- Prepare journal entries and assist with monthly reconciliations
- Learn how Raptor Maps operates, what value we bring to the Solar industry, and where we’re going in the future
Within 3 Months, You’ll:
- Take ownership of the Raptor Map’s invoicing process – a mission critical element of our business!
- Manage all incoming vendor bills and ensure the accounts payable function is scaleable
- Work daily in our accounting system to ensure clean books for internal and external purposes
After 6 Months, You’ll:
- Review customer contracts and executed order documents for proper compliance with ASC-606 revenue recognition guidance
- Continually identify opportunities to improve processes, efficiency, compliance, and structure
- Understand the business on a fundamental level, enabling you to become a truly high impact player helping to determine and execute upon strategic initiatives
- Assist in other special projects as required (true to startup life!)
- Previous experience with bookkeeping, accounts payable, and accounts receivable operations
- Revenue Recognition and ASC 606 experience preferred
- Extreme attention to detail and meticulous organization
- Adaptable team player who can juggle multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Technical aptitude, specifically with accounting software
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Experience preparing books for annual audits (bonus!)
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
– Paid travel for in-person team trips
– Healthcare with dental and vision options
– Unlimited vacation policy
– Desk budget
– Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
– Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and just generally getting out and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our recently raised Series B!